Our business was incorporated in May 2017 and founded by John Hillis. The other Directors joined the business shortly thereafter.
The business is a specialist provider of property and project management services to acquiring authorities and developers of energy, utilities and infrastructure projects.
Whilst we only act for the party seeking to develop and assemble the rights in land our team is a cross-section of the property and infrastructure industry and have an understanding from the landowner and occupier perspective.
Meet Our Team
Land Information and GIS Team
Laura Mills BSc (Hons)
Phil Mellor BSc MSc PhD
Marie Turnbull BBSc(Hons) MSc
Griogair Morrison MSc
Land & Communities
John Hillis MA MRICS MRTPI
Catriona McLachlan Bsc(Hons) MRTPI PIEMA
Nigel Fraser BLE (HONS) MRICS
Iain Wright BSc(agri) PGdip(FBOM)
Ralph Smith MRICS
Richard Loerns MSc MRICS
Jade Struthers Bsc Hons
– Director of the Scottish Fisherman’s Organisation, with a focus on quota management, policy and procedure development.
– As Chair of the Clyde Fisherman’s Association, regular engagement with a range of key stakeholders across aquaculture, renewables, Marine Scotland licensing and policy, marine spatial planning groups, regional inshore fisheries groups and the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands.
– Having owned and skippered an offshore project protection vessel for ten years and being contracted during that time to various offshore projects around the UK and more recently, post-Brexit, to offshore renewable sites within the waters of European Maritime coastal states.
– In 1993, successfully trialling the first Decca differential GPS system fitted on a commercial vessel in the world, significantly enhancing location accuracy.
– Following the tragic sinking of a fishing vessel in 1991, together with Commander Dave Philips RN established a new “safe code of conduct” for submarines involved in the “Perisher” training course and indeed all submarines traversing through fishing grounds. Part of this work led to the commencement of subfax broadcasts on vhf radio which alerts all shipping to the movements of dived submarines in inshore waters and which are still broadcast daily.
Outside of the office and away from the spreadsheets, Jennifer is a Level 2 Exercise to Music qualified fitness instructor specialising in dance fitness classes in her local community. Her classes range from ballroom & latin fitness to old school 80’s aerobics. Plans are afoot for Jennifer to keep the B&P team on their toes by bringing a touch of Strictly sparkle to the next team day out!
Daisy Doherty LLB PGDip
Throughout both her Scots Law (LLB) Honours Degree and her Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations, Daisy had a keen focus on the intersection between international human rights law and climate change, with particular attention given to the scope and value of Multilateral Environmental Agreements. Having completed her dissertation on the principle of Just Transition, Daisy is an advocate for the power renewables can have on improving not only our natural environment but our economic, social, and political environments too.